Vote for Norris Gentry for Madison County Commissioner
November 6, 2018
My name is Norris Gentry and I am seeking re-election to the Madison County Board of Commissioners. The opportunity to serve the last three years as Commissioner has been a true honor and a privilege.
Madison County Commissioners have established:
- A fair and responsible practice for Tax Collection; over $2.2 Million in back taxes have been collected;
- A Veterans Affairs Office;
- A Human Resources Department;
- A Certified Public Accountant as Finance Officer;
- And, maintained the outstanding Health Care Plan for our employees;
- And increased funding to our Public Schools;
- And worked with the Madison County Board of Education to construct the new Early College;
- And expanded Brush Creek Elementary School, along with other building improvements, with a finance package that is at almost ZERO Interest!
- And invested in expanded Economic Development that has provided assistance for Madison Manufacturing, and the MAJOR EXPANSION for Advanced Super Abrasive;
- And worked collaboratively to expand Internet service;
- And we have begun the process for “long term” Strategic
Under the Leadership of our County Manager and our dedicated County Employees, we continue to move forward. Much has been accomplished, MUCH remains to be DONE!
I am a lifelong resident of Madison County and have worked and been active in many different areas of the County either as an employee or as a volunteer.
Some of my accomplishments include:
- Being a Graduate of Marshall High School, Mars Hill College and Western Carolina University.
- Being a U S Air Force Veteran, and served during the Vietnam Era in the Defense Atomic Support Agency.
- Working over 30 years in the Madison County Public Schools as a Classroom Teacher, Counselor, and in Administration.
- Was founding Principle of the Madison County Early College High School.
- Working in the Madison County Career Center at A-B Tech Madison
- Board Member of the Madison County Chamber of Commerce and active in other community organizations.
- Being a Member of the Walnut Community Choir and the Walnut Presbyterian Church.
I can be reached by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org